Our Concrete Cost Estimator helps homeowners and contractors estimate the amount of pre-mixed concrete needed for footings, slabs and walls, round columns, and concrete stairs. These costs do not take into account the labor for the project.
Enter the dimensions of your project, and you will get results in cubic yards, as well as the number of concrete mix bags needed for the job. This calculator isn't an exact measurement tool so you may need to purchase extra concrete in case you need it.
Across Canada, homeowners report that ready–mix concrete costs about $108 per cubic yard.
The average cost of a concrete slab (6 inches thick) is about $5.00-5.50 per square foot, including both materials and labor. However, the price can go up to $9-10 per square foot depending on multiple factors and enhancement decisions and their respective costs.
So your cost to pave a 2-car driveway of 16 feet wide, and 40 feet long (640 sq. ft.) will be roughly $3,200 – 3,520.
Keep in mind that you total project cost can increase depending on the following:
- local concrete prices
- type of concrete and finish you want
- edge thickness: thicker edges cost $1-2 per square foot extra
- cost of reinforcement. Fibermash is standard. Installing wiremash adds $0.35 per sq.ft. to total cost
- adding a vapor barrier: $0.5-0.6 per square foot
- 2″ styrofoam under the slab (this is required by building code in some states): $2 per square foot extra grading
- preparing the sub-base
- removing shrubs, stones, trees, etc: add $0.5-1.55 per square foot
- optional radiant flooring installation: $6-8 per square foot extra
Contact us for custom pricing on popular stamped concrete projects: patio, driveway, pool deck